Helping to promote, and strengthen the future of, the industrial hygiene profession
AIHA Registry Programs, LLC is developing a series of credentials in practice specialties for industrial hygiene, environmental health and related EHS professionals. The programs will provide a means to validate a professional's knowledge and skills in a specialized area of practice through a demonstration of competency. Each program will be founded on a comprehensive, current Body of Knowledge for the specialty area of practice developed by competent, subject matter experts.
The programs will:
- Be critical for the future relevancy of the profession by providing a nimble means of linking IH to emerging issues
- Strengthen existing broader certifications
- Support industrial hygiene skills and knowledge within allied professions
- Promote professional integrity and lifelong learning
- Promote sound skill development by professionals who are not certified, those at the operator or technician level
Be recognized for the skills, knowledge and experience you have acquired setting you apart from others in your profession.
- Our programs recognize skills and competency that are gained by hands-on experience and training
- Existing education and experience “count” towards registration
- Knowledge and skills can be gained from formal education, training, or on-the-job experience
Demonstrate competency, get registered, benefit from program outreach and promotion
- Provide employers, clients and regulators with evidence of your competency in the specialty area
- Provide easy access and connections between seekers and competent persons
Our new programs will create opportunities by promoting the value of an "industrial hygienist“ to the broader public and marketplace.
The initial developing credentials will recognize individuals with expertise in:
- SDS and Label Authoring
- Real-Time Detection using a 4-Gas Meter and PID
- Exposure Judgment
- Financial and non-financial value assessment of environmental health projects and programs
For more information
View our brochure.
Email info.RegistryLLC@aiha.org with EHS Specialties in the subject and you will be added to our mailing list for future updates.
Take our survey.