How to Apply
- Use the “Apply Now” button to log into the system (or create a profile) if you have the required qualifications (see below)
- Once you have logged into your account, use the “OHSMS Auditor Registry” tile to upload the required documentation and pay the $100 application fee
- When notified that you are eligible to take the exam, log back into your account, select your testing method (in-person or remote proctor), and pay for your assessment online
- If you will be testing via remote proctor, schedule your exam for a date and time convenient for you with our remote proctoring service
You will be contacted if any information is missing or clarification is required. The application review process generally is completed within two weeks of receipt of all required information and requested clarifications.
To sit for the competency assessment, the candidate must meet the minimum requirements.
- Associates Degree, or higher (documentation required: transcript or degree)
- 3 years of occupational health and safety work experience (documentation required: employment verification letter)
- 320 working hours, over the entirety of career, of select auditing experience
- quality auditing
- environmental auditing
- health and safety auditing
- general auditing
Training and Education
- 10 hours auditing education/training within the past 7 years (documentation required: course completion information)
The exam is a 2-hour, 50-question, multiple-choice, written test with both knowledge-based and scenario-based items. The passing score is 75%.
The assessment was built based upon the Body of Knowledge domains:
- Planning OHS Management System Audits - 24%
- Conducting OHS Management System Audits - 50%
- Preparing, Reviewing & Communicating Audit Results - 26%
This program is so important to the industry that we have made every effort to keep associated fees as low as possible.
- Application Fee: $100 (non-refundable)
- Competency Assessment Fee: $200
- Remote Proctoring Fee: $50 (not required for an on-site testing session)
Annual Registration Fee
- $50 invoiced annually after initial registration
Application fee ($100) is due when the application is submitted. The assessment fee - and remote proctoring fee, if selected - is due when signing up for the exam.
Are you interested in learning more? Contact Carrie Johnson, Registry Coordinator, for additional information on the application, assessment, fees, or benefits.