SDS and Label Authoring Registry Volunteer Opportunity
The American Industrial Hygiene Association® (AIHA®) is seeking up to 8 SDSRP’s to serve as subject matter experts in a project to revise the SDS and Label Authoring BoK Framework.
A BoK framework provides a list of the domains, tasks, and competencies needed to successfully understand and perform duties related to a specific field or industry. AIHA periodically updates BoK Frameworks to ensure they remain consistent with current practices. The revised SDS BoK Framework will serve as the blueprint for updating the SDS & Label Authoring Registry examination.
This effort will consist of five stages.
- Convene a broad, diverse coalition of subject matter experts to review the current SDS & Label Authoring BoK Framework.
- Review previous and/or existing materials developed by AIHA, professional associations, multinational companies, and other stakeholder groups to determine what technological advances and changes, if any, have occurred in the profession.
- Update the tasks and competencies to reflect changes in the scope of the Safety Data Sheet Registered Professional.
- Conduct a Job/Task Analysis (JTA) study.
- Review JTA results
- Agree on a final BoK Framework document.
- This project is expected to run for 6 - 8 months. Specific time commitment includes:
- Involvement in an initial kick-off conference call;
- Participation in follow-up conference calls/online meetings as needed;
- As necessary, individual time spent reviewing existing materials and other content-related authoritative sources; and
- As necessary, individual time is spent to review, comment, and finalize the team’s output during the project.
- In absolute terms, the time spent might be 5-7 days for 6 - 8 months.
- Participation will account for maintenance points towards your SDSRP credential.
To volunteer for this team, please fill out and submit the online application by Tuesday, March 2, 2021.
Serving on a committee is one of the best ways to become involved and make an impact on the profession. We hope that you will consider being a part of this elite group of professionals.
If you cannot commit the time to participate in this content development team but are interested in participating by providing input via surveys or comment on the draft BoK Framework, please complete the application and indicate your ability and willingness to participate as a Stakeholder on Q6 of the online application.
Follow this link to apply: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/ca1a09f914c14664acb40d9f6e23bc82